Recently a friend of mine lost her mother, and it all happened just so suddenly. She wasn't feeling well, they went to the ER, she was admitted to the hospital, and just continued downhill. I don't think they know yet why. I can't even....there just aren't words.
Typically I would make a card with more somber colors, but her favorite color was pink, and it just seemed so appropriate to make the card pink.
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Watercolor Paper 2-3/4" x 4"
Mat: Basic Black 2-7/8" x 4-1/8"
DSP: Pink Pirouette (retired) 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat: 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card Base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere DSP to Basic Black mat and then to card base. Set aside.
- Rub Embossing Buddy over smaller Whisper White cardstock. Stamp flowering branch from Touches of Texture using VersaMark ink, cover with gold embossing powder, tap off excess and heat with Heat Tool until melted. Do the same for the greeting.
- Color branch with Blender Pen, then stamp Pink Pirouette spatters from Gorgeous Grunge.
- Adhere to Basic Black mat. Wrap ribbon around and fasten to back. Attach matted image to card base with dimensionals.
- Tie a bow and attach with Glue Dot.