I just can't get enough of this stamp set! I know, I know - there are other awesome things in the Holiday Catalog, and I promise I will be showing them to you in the next few days. Hey, speaking of promises, this is Day 13 of my promise to post every day for two weeks! Who knows, maybe I can continue this every day "thang". Ha!
Okay, back to the card at hand. The sleigh was stamped on watercolor paper with Early Espresso ink, and then colored with a Blender Pen and Soft Suede ink. It looks so much better in real life than the photo can show! Some Clear Wink of Stella was added around the edges to emphasize the scroll work.
After I had the original card all together, I decided it needed a doily, so I carefully pried up the copper foil and slid the Mint Macaron-sponged doily underneath. Usually when I try something like that, I end up ruining the card, but it worked! Whew!
Here's the "How To"
Sleigh: Watercolor paper 2-1/2" x 4"
Die cut mat: Very Vanilla 3" x 4-1/2"
Die cut foil: Copper Foil Sheet 3-1/4" x 5"
Mint Macaron strip 1-1/2" x 5-3/8"
Embossed background: Very Vanilla 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Very Vanilla 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Die cut Copper Foil using largest size die in Lots of Labels and Very Vanilla using next smaller size.
- Stamp sleigh on watercolor paper with Early Espresso, color with blender pen, then die cut. Add Clear Wink of Stella, if desired.
- Emboss Very Vanilla background with Softly Falling folder.
- Stamp snowflakes from Christmas Pines using Mint Macaron ink on Mint Macaron strip. Stamp greeting near bottom edge, centered, in Early Espresso.
- Stamp same snowflakes on Very Vanilla label, stamping off first. Lightly sponge edges of label with Soft Suede ink.
- Sponge doily with Mint Macaron ink. Trim off approximately 1/3.
- Adhere lace to embossed Very Vanilla background close to bottom edge, wrapping ends to back. Adhere Mint Macaron strip above lace, overlapping edge of lace.
- Lay copper label over to determine doily placement, and adhere doily in place. Then adhere copper label on top.
- Wrap ribbons around starting with vanilla ribbon, having top edge even with top of Mint Macaron strip. Wrap Mint Macaron ribbon just below. Fasten ends of ribbon at back.
- Attach entire thing to card base. Glue sleigh to vanilla label with Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Attach to card with Stampin Dimensionals. Add Mint Macaron bow with a glue dot.
**LOVE** your sleigh!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much!Delete
This is gorgeous Cindy! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).ReplyDelete
Josee, of course you may share! Thank you so much for checking first.Delete