Here's another look at the Santa's Sleigh Framelits Dies....this time it's the evergreen tree. I had leftovers from this card laying on my desk (yes, it is a VERY messy desk, most of the time!), and had cut the tree for another card, which I ended up not using. When I flipped the Warmth & Cheer DSP over, I saw the reverse was really a cute knit print, and it looked great with the leftover Cable Knit embossed piece. Since I sometimes like to use non-traditional colors for Christmas, I figured the Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon from the 3/8" Ribbon Trio might look nice.....and, wonder of wonders, it did!
To keep it fairly clean and simple, I stamped O Christmas Tree using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set. I love that there are actually two whole alphabets (with some duplicate letters) in there - one with a solid background, and one without. I can make any greeting I want!
Here's the "How To"
Tree: Garden Green 2-3/8" x 4"
Greeting: Whisper White 5/16" x 3-1/16"
Cable Knit embossed: Whisper White Thick 1-3/4" x 5-3/16"
DSP: Warmth & Cheer 2-1/2" x 5-3/16"
Mat: Whisper White 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Rich Razzleberry 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Emboss Whisper White Thick cardstock with Cable Knit folder (check the helpful hints in the instructions that came with it).
- Adhere DSP to back of embossed piece, overlapping a scant 1/2". Wrap ribbon around, just covering seam and fasten ends to back.
- Adhere to Whisper White mat, and then to card base.
- Stamp tree from Santa's Sleigh stamp set using Garden Green ink on the Garden Green cardstock. Die cut then attach to left side of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting and attach to lower right using Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow and attach with Glue Dots.