Truth. Every act of kindness, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant, really does make a difference. This one is going to Shannon West, who started the whole #imbringingbirthdaysback movement. With this card of appreciation, I'm sending her a couple dozen birthday cards (with postage-applied envelopes) to help her out with the monumental task she has undertaken. I think, at last count, she had committed to sending over 1,600 birthday cards. Holy carp!
I know there were some recipients whose only acknowledgement of their birthday came from Shannon. That right there is what I mean by making a difference. You just never know who may be struggling with some personal things, and a card, whether it's birthday, thinking of you, you're awesome, or whatever, will bring them a moment of sunshine. It only costs 47 cents, plus your time to whip up a card. If we sent TEN cards a month, that still costs less than one fancy coffee at Starbucks. Think about it.
Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. It's just a subject that is very near and dear to my heart!
This card went together really quickly! Another box of preorder goodies came yesterday, and in it was the Pretty Paisleys embossing folder. It's the perfect size for pairing with the Layering Ovals Framelits. A couple of quick stamps from Thoughtful Branches, a few oval die cuts, and bada-bing you're finished! If you're thinking about getting Thoughtful Branches, don't wait too long - it's a limited release bundle only good until the end of this month.
Today's post makes 14/14. I kept my promise!
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Very Vanilla 2-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Mat: Gold Glimmer Paper 3" x 4"
Embossed background: Very Vanilla 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Greeting: Scrap of Very Vanilla 1-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Card base: Very Vanilla 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Die cut Gold Glimmer with largest oval Framelit, and smallest Very Vanilla piece with second largest oval.
- Stamp greeting in Soft Suede and die cut with second smallest oval.
- Lightly sponge Soft Suede around edges of both vanilla ovals, then stamp tree trunks (mask bottom so trunks are a bit shorter) with Soft Suede on larger vanilla oval. Stamp tree leaves in Old Olive. Stamp grass in Pear Pizzazz.
- Emboss Very Vanilla background with Pretty Paisleys embossing folder and lightly sponge edges as before.
- Adhere embossed background to card base.
- Adhere tree image to gold oval with Tear & Tape or Fast Fuse. (You need extra tackiness to hold to the glimmer paper. Glue Dots work, too.) Then fasten in center of embossed oval.
- Adhere greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.