Today is the last day of the 25% off selected stamps sale, so I thought I'd whip up a quick card using Tin of Tags, which is one of the sale sets.
The large snowflake is included with the various greetings, which made the card so quick to put together. I love the emboss resist technique, don't you? It can really highlight the embossed image!
Although the stamp sets may not be on sale tomorrow, the coordinating Stitched Shapes Framelits will still be available. I just love 'em! You can see the stitched circle if you click on the image to zoom in.
Heads up: the SU retiring list comes out tomorrow, so I will be posting on a day that starts with 'T'. It will be a little later in the day, once I get the list.
Here's the "How To"
Greeting: Shimmery White 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Mat for greeting: Basic Black 3" x 3"
Embossed background: Pool Party 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Silver Glimmer strip 1/2" x 3-7/8"
Mat: Basic Black 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Shimmery White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Die cut white square with 2-1/8" layering circle die. Die cut black square with second largest stitched circle die. Stamp greeting in Basic Black ink on white circle and adhere to black stitched circle.
- Rub embossing buddy all over Pool Party cardstock, then stamp large snowflake from Tin of Tags in VersaMark ink in a random pattern. Do the same with the small snowflake from Hang Your Stocking.
- Cover completely with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat with heat tool until melted. Using sponge, rub Bermuda Bay ink over the large flakes in a circular, buffing motion.
- Adhere silver glimmer strip about 1-3/8" from bottom of embossed cardstock. Adhere both to black mat and then to card base.
- Attach greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.