When I saw the new stamp set called Jolly Friends, with the adorable moose head, I had hoped there would be a greeting in there that said Merry Christmoose. Alas, there wasn't, so I had to make my own. Labeler Alphabet to the rescue! (I love that set!)
This is a card I made to share with my stamping team at our monthly meeting last night. I challenged everyone to make one project to share, and bonus points were awarded if they used preorder stuff from the Holiday Catalog. If you'd like to learn more about joining my team, just ask!
Dont forget to check back tomorrow evening when the Control Freaks Tour de Freaks begins! We'll be focusing on Holiday Catalog schtuff!
Moose head: Watercolor paper 2-1/4" x 3"
Hat, brim, and Christmoose greeting: Scrap of Whisper White 2" x 3"
Merry greeting: Real Red 1-1/4" x 3-1/2"
Embossed background: Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp moose head on watercolor paper in Soft Suede. Color with Blender Pen and cut out.
- Stamp hat in Real Red and fuzzy brim in Basic Black and cut both out. Cover fuzzy brim with glue (Fine-Tip Glue Pen) and sprinkle white Mica Flakes over. Set aside to dry.
- Emboss background with Sparkle embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
- Cut "Merry" out of Real Red cardstock using Christmas Greetings Thinlits die. Using Fine-Tip Glue Pen, adhere to card with the bottom of the word approximately 1-1/2" up from bottom edge of card.
- Stamp "Christmoose" in Real Red ink on white scrap and cut out the individual letters. Line them up on a piece of Tear & Tape adhesive. Use a piece of Foam Adhesive Strip, cut to length, to adhere to card under Merry.
- Glue hat brim to hat, and hat to moose head. Attach moose head to card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Mini Jingle Bell with a glue dot.