There are only seven more days (counting today) that the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Beautiful Branches Thinlits will be available. I am so loving this set!!! This card is going out to one of the new stamping friends I recently made, here in Tennessee. Turns out, people like to stamp and be creative here, too! (Just kidding - I knew that would be the case, lol.)
I used the baby wipe "ink pad" technique for the leaves. The rock n roll technique was tried first, but I didn't like the hard edge between the colors. If you haven't done the baby wipe technique, it's really simple. Fold up a baby wipe, placed several drops of ink refill randomly on the wipe (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry used here), and use it as an ink pad! Just be sure to put the wipe on something to protect your work surface.
The Copper Foil is sooooo gorgeous, and sooooo hard to photograph! Here's a shot with it turned more toward the light source.
Here's the "How To"
Leaves: scraps of Whisper White
Tree: Copper Foil Sheet 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Embossed background: Whisper White Thick 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Pumpkin Pie 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamps leaves and cut with coordinating die from Beautiful Branches Thinlits dies.
- Cut tree from Copper Foil. Note: I keep a new cutting pad just for use as the top pad when die cutting any foil. That way the scars from an old pad aren't impressed into the foil. Learned that one the hard way, lol.
- Stamp greeting on lower right of Whisper White Thick cardstock having bottom of greeting approximately 1-1/4" from bottom of cardstock, then emboss with Woodland embossing folder.
- Using Tear & Tape adhesive, adhere burlap ribbon to bottom edge; trim ends even with background. Adhere both to card base.
- Attach tree toward left of card, using Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Attach leaves to burlap ribbon using Glue Dots.