This is numero four-o of the cards from the last class. Now that all my stamping stuff is packed away, it may be a while before I have anything new to show you. And trust me, it's killing
me to not be able to create anything besides piles of stuff to pack, donate, or throw away! I will be soooo glad when this move is over.
For this card, we used the watercolor bleed technique using Aqua Painters. Holding the heat-embossed image upside down, we wet a few petals at a time and then picked up a drop of ink and touched it to the "top" of each petal (which was actually the base of the petal). The ink bled down and gave the appearance of depth and shadow. It's a technique I still need to master, but it I have fun doing it!
5-1/2 x 8-1/2" Whisper White Thick Cardstock for card base, scored at 4-1/4"
4" x 5-1/4" Farmer's Market DSP for background
3" x 4-1/8" Perfect Plum cardstock for mat behind image
2-3/4" x 3-7/8" Watercolor Paper
5/8" x 3-3/8" Champagne Glimmer for mat behind greeting (it's retired, but you can sub Gold Glimmer)
1/2" x 3" Very Vanilla for greeting
1. Rub watercolor paper with embossing buddy to remove static, then stamp flower with VersaMark ink. Cover with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat with heat tool until melted and shiny.
2. Place a drop of ink from the refill bottle in the lid of the matching ink pad, or use a plastic lid to hold ink.
3. Turn flower upside down, wet a few petals at a time with aqua painter, and add a tiny drop of ink from lid to base of petal, letting ink run down toward tip of petal. Go lightly - you can always add more! Do the same for the leaves. Color stem (no need for bleed technique here).
4. Make a light wash with So Saffron around flower to give it a glow.
5. While image is drying, cut doily in half and adhere to back of Perfect Plum panel.
6. Stamp greeting in Perfect Plum on Very Vanilla strip, cutting banner ends by hand or with a punch. Adhere to Glimmer strip with Tear & Tape adhesive.
7. Fasten DSP to front of card base. Fasten image to Perfect Plum mat, and adhere both to DSP on card base.
8. Place dimensionals under greeting and adhere over image.
STAMPS: You've Got This, A Dozen Thoughts
INK: Perfect Plum, Perfect Plum Ink Refill, Pear Pizzazz Ink Refill, So Saffron Ink Refill, VersaMark
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper, Farmer's Market DSP, Champagne Glimmer - retired
ACCESSORIES: Tea Lace Doilies, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Aqua Painter, Tear & Tape adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals