Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is STRIPES, whether we create them ourselves, or use DSP. So I did both, lol! I knew as soon as I saw the theme for this week that candy canes had to be involved. Really.... besides peppermint flavor, what do you think of when you think of candy canes? Stripes, of course!
The stripes I created used the striped background die from the Candy Cane Dies and the beautiful glittery white glimmer paper from the Red & White Glimmer pack on page 9 of the Jul-Dec catalog. I glued it to a Real Red card base and saved the scraps for another day. 😉
The candy cane print in the Sweetest Christmas DSP was die cut with the matching dies (I love when there are dies to match the DSP!), and the mistletoe sprigs in the stamp set were stamped six times and die cut as well. After stamping the greeting on Basic White, it was also die cut with a stitched Rectangle die. Do you notice a theme here? I don't know what I'd do without my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine! After assembling everything I added some pearls for mistletoe berries.*
That's all for today - see you next Saturday! Up next is Libby Fens at Libby Stamps. Or click the "back" button to go back to Lori at Loritamarie Crafts.
* An old dad joke popped in my head while I was doing this... If an athlete gets athlete's foot, what do astronauts get? Mistletoe! 🤣
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Stamps: Sweetest Candy Canes Bundle
- Paper: Basic White and Real Red cardstock, Sweetest Christmas DSP, and Red & White Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Real Red and Garden Green
- Accessories: Stitched Rectangles Dies, Pearl Basic Jewels, Real Red & Garden Green Ribbon Combo Pack