Are you thinking about Christmas yet? I know today is Independence Day, but it also marks the beginning of my 12 Days of Christmas in July!!! Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in July I will post a Christmas-themed project with instructions and a supply list to make it easy for you to duplicate. I'm going to assume you have a die cut & emboss machine and various adhesives, so I'm not going to list them. *smile*
The Jul-Dec mini catalog just started, along with our second Sale-a-Bration of the year and SAB runs through the end of August, so you have time to get your holiday card supplies AND earn freebies, too!
Without further ado, here is our first project, a card using the Snowman Magic bundle found on page 44 of the J-D catalog. (Reside in the USA and don't have a catalog? Contact me and I'll send you one!) Note: If you order the Snowman Magic bundle and a pack of the Glimmer Specialty Paper, you'd qualify for one of the "Free w/ $50 purchase" items in the SAB brochure.
- Card base: Basic White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Inner embossed panel: Basic White 4" x 5-1/4"
- Die cut trees: Glimmer Specialty Paper (Evening Evergreen 2" x 3" and Gold 1" x 3")
- Using the snowflake frame die, cut the front of the card base so the frame border is even at top and sides. The bottom border should be slightly larger to accommodate the greeting. Stamp greeting in Evening Evergreen ink. (I forgot to take a photo of that step.)
- Emboss the inner panel using the hills in the Charming Landscapes embossing folders.
- Die cut two Evening Evergreen trees and one Gold tree from the glimmer paper and adhere to embossed panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere panel to inside of snowflake frame with liquid glue and add white adhesive-backed sequins.