Well, here it is....the first Friday of the month, the first month of a new year (halle-freaking-lujah!), and my first fun fold to inspire you! I will try to do a different fun fold every month, but if I run out of ideas, I may repeat a fold using different materials. We'll have to see how this goes. *wink*
So today's fun fold is an easy one called a Joy Fold. Basically, it's a card with a partial front flap, with another smaller card with a flap on the opposite side adhered inside. Then the smaller flap overlaps the larger one. Did I make that clear as mud?
Well, you can see what I mean in the photo at the top, and it will make more sense as I explain the steps. It is really easy, I promise!
Here are the cast of characters used on today's card:
- A Touch of Ink Sale-a-Bration (and Itty Bitty Birthdays) stamp sets
- Just Jade Cardstock 4-1/4" x 8-1/2", scored & folded at 5-1/2"
- Just Jade Cardstock 3" x 6-1/2", scored and folded at 4"
- Flowers For Every Season DSP for lining inside 4" x 5-1/4"
- Flowers For Every Season DSP for flaps 2-3/4" x 4" and 2-1/4" x 2-3/4"
- Card liner 2-3/4" x 3-3/4"
- White cardstock for stamping hummingbird, flowers and leaves
- Thick white cardstock for greeting and layers
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Stampin' Blends Combos: Calypso Coral, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay
- Flowers For Every Season Gems
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Layering Circles Dies
Also needed are basics like Paper Snips, Stampin' Seal, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp, color, and fussy cut hummingbird, flowers, and leaves. Add a drop
of fine-tip glue to the hummingbird's eye. Set aside to dry. It will
dry clear and look realistic! (Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of this part!)
- Fold both pieces of cardstock on score lines and adhere larger DSP liner inside larger cardstock and card liner inside smaller cardstock as shown.
- Adhere DSP to outside of flaps.
- Adhere smaller folded cardstock to DSP liner leaving an even border on all sides.
(I forgot to take pictures from this point until the finished project.)
- Arrange the fussy cut pieces as you like and glue in place with multipurpose liquid glue.
- Stamp the greeting and die cut with smallest circle die. Die cut 4 more blank pieces. Glue all the layers together and pop up on dimensionals to form a catch for the flap, making sure to leave an open area on the right for the flap to fit under.
- Adhere gems using fine-tip glue pen.