Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is "Favorite new stamp set from the Jan-Jun Mini" and since I like pretty much ALL of them, I just picked eenie meenie miney mo and chose Simply Succulents. Which worked out great since I haven't used it yet!
And since I'm on a 40 birthday card mission for my daughter's fortieth birthday AND she loves succulents....well, it was meant to be! I Googled images for succulents, so I'd know how to color the stamped image, and HOLY COW there is an incredible variety of colors and shapes. I had no idea! So I had a lot of fun playing around with different color combinations before I settled on this.
I was going to use an embossed background, but the Stitched With Whimsy Dies (coing next week) are just so cute I had to add the little wobbly stitches!
- Simply Succulents Bundle and Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set
- Basic White, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Stampin' Chalk Marker, plus Stampin' Blends Combos: Just Jade, Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Granny Apple Green, Rococo Rose, Rich Razzleberry, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate, Cinnamon Cider
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy and Messages Dies
- Flowers For Every Season Combo Pack, Matte Black Dots
- Stampin' Seal, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals