As you can see, when you pull the sides of the card, a little surprise pops up. You can make it pop up on either side, or even both sides, if you want. But for today's card, it's popping up on the right side.
Here are the cast of characters used on today's card, with a heads-up.... the card base is Purple Posy, which is one of the In Colors retiring the beginning of May. I've noticed many of the items in the 2019-2021 In Colors are already on "low inventory" status, so if you want something NOW is the time to get it.
I deliberately didn't list the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set since you can use any image you prefer. But if you just happen to prefer it, it's available as an early release now!
- Purple Posy cardstock (2 pieces) 4-1/4" x 8-1/2"
- Purple Posy cardstock 1-1/2" x 3"
- Gorgeous Grape cardstock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
- Basic White cardstock 3-3/4" x 5", plus large scraps for butterflies
- Hydrangea Hill DSP 1-1/4" x 1-1/4", 1-1/4" x 4" (x 2), and 1-5/8" x 3-3/4"
- Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin' Pad and Memento Black ink
- Stampin' Blends: Highland Heather Combo, Light Misty Moonlight, Light Basic Black
- Pastel Pearls
Also needed are basic tools like a Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored Scoring Tool (or you can use the trimmer with the scoring blade), Bone Folder, Tear & Tape, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, and Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the butterflies and color with Stampin' Blends. Cut with coordinating dies and set aside. (I didn't get a photo of this step.)
- Score both large pieces of Purple Posy at 1-1/2" and 3" then fold as shown and burnish edges with a bone folder for a sharp crease. These will be the front and back of the card.
- Make a small dot at 1-1/2” (the halfway point) on the long side of the small cardstock rectangle, and use it as a guide to score a diagonal line from the dot to the corner. This is where the Paper Trimmer comes in handy – just line up the dot and the corner in the track and score! Fold and burnish with bone folder. This will be the wiper.
- Add Tear & Tape to the short sides of one card half as shown, then glue the wiper between the score lines, having diagonal fold right at top edge of card. This is the BACK of the card. NOTE: on this side the wiper pops up from the right side. If you do it between the score lines on the opposite side card piece, it will pop up from the left. Or go crazy and do two pop-ups!
- Remove the liner from the Tear & Tape on one end of the back and align the short edge of the of the card front, adhering it in place. Make sure you aren't adhering the scored side of the front to the scored side of the back - they should be turned 180 degrees from each other! Now do the same on the other end. Glue the 2 matching DSP strips to the folded side of the card front and the DSP square to the wiper.
- Adhere the last DSP piece to the left side of the Basic White cardstock and stamp the greeting in Gorgeous Grape ink on the right.
- Adhere this to the Gorgeous Grape mat and then to the card front. Attach large butterfly to front with dimensionals and smaller butterfly to wiper with glue, making sure it won't show when the wiper is folded down.
- Place Pastel Pearls where desired, and ENJOY!
GREAT TOOLS TO HAVE HANDY!