Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Punch Art, which is something that is way out of my comfort zone. I mean, really.... in my 12 years of stamping, I can only remember making two punch art cards. EEK! Well, I'm always up for a challenge, so I put my thinking cap on and came up with this little guy.
It took four punches to build him, but I think he turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. I started by building the bunny, then added color to white cardstock with Blending Brushes. After figuring out where to stamp the flowers (using the Ornate Frames Die as reference) I die cut the fancy frame and colored the flowers with Stampin' Blends.
This Playing With Patterns DSP pattern felt Easter-ish to me, so it became the background. The die cut was adhered to the card and the bunny popped up on dimensionals. I was going to draw his nose on, but then I remembered the Resin Heart Embellishments can be colored with Blends, so I made him a pink nose!
- Springtime Joy and Itty Bitty Greetings stamp sets
- Basic White, Basic Black, and Blushing Bride cardstock
- Playing With Patterns 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper
- Memento Black, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, and Garden Green ink
- Stampin' Blends Combos: Highland Heather, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green
- Punches: Delightful Tag Topper (cheeks), Detailed Trio (eyes), Daisy and Medium Daisy (ears), Snowman Builder (head and body)
- Blending Brushes
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Ornate Layers Dies
- Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon, Resin Hearts Embellishments
- Liquid Multipurpose Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals