Here is the tutorial du jour... or should I say, de la semaine. Either way, it is magnifique!
· Stamp Sets: Art Gallery Bundle (156227)
· Cardstock: Old Olive (100702), Basic White (159276)
· Designer Series Paper: Fine Art Floral (154558), Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate (154557)
· Ink: Petal Pink (146985), Rococo Rose (150882), Old Olive (100702), Merry Merlot (146979)
· Tools and Embellishments: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Gilded Leafing Embellishment (154560), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Tear ’n Tape Adhesive (138995), Stampin’ Seal+ (149699), Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack (152475)
· Old Olive Cardstock: 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” (two pieces), strip 3/8” x 4 1/4”
· Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate 6” x 4 1/4” with matching piece of Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper
· Stamp and die-cut the large flower using Petal Pink and Rococo Rose inks, and the stem with Old Olive.
· Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, draw a few very fine lines on the darker areas of the flower. Leave until the glue turns clear and tacky, then embellish with Gilded Leafing.
· Stamp and die-cut the sentiment using Merry Merlot ink.
· Score the acetate at 5 1/2”. Using Tear ’n Tape or Stampin’ Seal +, attach the small flap to the back of one piece of Old Olive Cardstock. Attach the second piece of Old Olive Cardstock to the back, to cover up the acetate flap (optional.)
· Trim a diagonal section from the Designer Series Paper, keeping the bottom section. The piece in the photo is approximately 3” one side and 1 3/4” the other. Cut a piece of Old Olive and Basic White the same size. (Make the Basic White very slightly shorter so that it doesn’t show when the card is closed.)
· Lay the Designer Series Paper between the acetate and Old Olive cardstock, making sure it lines up with the acetate. Do not adhere yet.
· Attach sentiment to the strip of Old Olive cardstock, and attach this to the acetate with Dimensionals.
· Adhere flower stem to acetate, and attach flower with Dimensionals.
· Open the card and put Stampin’ Seal on the back of the acetate behind the sentiment strip and lower part of the leaves. Attach the Designer Series Paper, making sure it lines up correctly with the acetate.
· Attach the matching Old Olive diagonal piece of cardstock to the back of the Designer Series Paper.
· Stamp your choice of flowers and/or sentiment onto the Basic White diagonal piece, and adhere to the Old Olive card base, making sure it is in the same direction as the Designer Series Paper.
· Die-cut one more large flower from Old Olive cardstock and adhere to the acetate on the inside of the card so that the Dimensionals do not show.
· Tie a bow using two pieces of gold twine from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and attach with a glue dot.