Ahhhh, snowmen... I think they are just the cutest thing! We got quite a bit of snow here the first winter after we retired. Now I know 14 inches of snow isn't much to many people (I can hear the snickers coming from up north), but for these new transplants from SoCal it was a lot! Our dog, who had never seen snow before, absolutely loved it. The hubs, not so much. He doesn't like cold weather, so I couldn't get him to build a snowman with me. Sorry, Olaf!
So, I just have to content myself with collecting snowman stamps and coloring them. That's where Snow Wonder comes in! Of course it will be available as a bundle with the matching Snow Time Dies at a 10% discount. I decided to make this one a snow lady by giving her a Highland Heather hat and scarf, which picked up the Highland Heather in the DSP.
Did you notice the felt "snow"? I thought it added an interesting snowy texture, and even added some glistening snowflakes to complete the look! Measurements and instructions are below.
Remember, buy any bundle in August from the upcoming 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, which starts August 4th, and received a pre-cut, ready to stamp and assemble card kit (4 cards and envelopes) from me! The kit will include any dies cuts and embossed pieces, as well as embellishments needed to complete the cards. All you need is stamps, ink, and adhesives.
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
Embossed background: Whisper White 2-1/2" x 4"
Mat: Silver Foil Sheets 2-5/8" x 4-1/8"
Snow: white Festive Felt Sheet 2-1/2" x 1-3/8"
DSP: Snowflake Splendor 4" x 5-1/4"
Images: Whisper White 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- Adhere DSP to card base.
- Stamp greeting (black) and snowflakes (Highland Heather) on Whisper White background, then emboss with Tasteful Textile folder. Adhere to silver mat and then to card front.
- Adhere felt to bottom of embossed panel aligning edges at sides and bottom.
- Stamp snowman with Basic Gray ink and color with Stampin Blends markers. (I used Light Pool Party to add shadows around the edges of the snowman.) Die cut with coordinating die.
- Stamp trees with Just Jade ink. Die cut with coordinating die.
- Arrange pieces as desired and adhere to card. The parts hanging off the felt will need Stampin' Dimensionals. The parts overlapping the felt can be glued.
- Add Adhesive-backed Snowflakes to complete the card.