Coming Home is one of my favorite stamp sets in the Aug-Dec Mini, if for no other reason than it is a Making A Difference stamp set. Stampin' Up! is donating $3.00 for every stamp set sold to charities devoted to adoption, foster care, and infertility. That just warms my heart!
But I do have another reason why I love this set. As soon as I saw the Volkswagen beetle, it reminded me of my friend Jodi and her blue convertible bug! *Waves and blows kisses* Hi, Jodi! Miss you much!!! 💟
Anyway, this is part of the Trimming the Town Suite, which includes the 12 piece photopolymer stamp set, 13 piece Home Together Dies, Trimming the Town DSP, and some fab embellishments which I didn't use here. I stamped and colored the images, but if you don't like coloring, you could make a similar card just using the dies and DSP, because some of the images match the dies! Yep, even the greeting was cut from DSP. Measurements and instructions are below.
Remember, buy any bundle in August from the upcoming 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, which starts August 4th, and received a pre-cut, ready to stamp and assemble card kit (4 cards and envelopes) from me! The kit will include any die cuts and embossed pieces, as well as embellishments needed to complete the cards. All you need is stamps, ink, and adhesives.
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
DSP: Trimming the Town 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat: Night of Navy 4" x 5-1/4"
Tree/hill background: Whisper White 3" x 5-1/8"
House, wreath, and Volkswagen: Whisper White scraps
Felt snow: Festive Felt Sheets Combo Pack 1-1/2" x 5-1/8"
- Adhere DSP to navy mat and then to card base.
- Die cut tree/hill background from Whisper White and adhere to DSP. Add some Wink of Stella sparkles, if desired.
- Die cut snow from white felt and adhere to card with liquid glue.
- Stamp images and color with Stampin' Blends. Die cut with matching dies. Pop smaller front section of house up on mini dimensionals on larger house (covering door). Pop wreath up on a mini dimensional on front of house.
- Layer double thickness dimensionals behind roof of house. add a stripe of liquid glue along bottom and adhere all to card.
- Adhere Volkswagen with mini dimensionals.
- Cut greeting from DSP and attach with liquid glue. Add Adhesive-backed Snowflakes.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!