Aren't poinsettias just the epitome of Christmas? It seems almost everyone has some on their porch or the fireplace mantle. And while red poinsettias are the most traditional color, I wanted to go with a non-traditional color for this card.
I have to tell you, as much as I positively adore Misty Moonlight (being a lover of all things blue), Just Jade is running a very close second. This was a fun card to make, because I got to color the flocked vellum poinsettia with a sponge dauber to make it the color I wanted. And just so you know, I didn't have to fussy cut it either. The Poinsettia Dies has a die that fits!
Keeping the design simple really makes the flower the focal point of the card, and adding gold accents really makes it POP! Measurements and instructions are below.
Remember, buy any bundle in August from the upcoming 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, which starts August 4th, and received a pre-cut, ready to stamp and assemble card kit (4 cards and envelopes) from me! The kit will include any dies cuts and embossed pieces, as well as embellishments needed to complete the cards. All you need is stamps, ink, and adhesives.
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
Embossed background: Just Jade 4" x 5-1/4"
Gold mat: Brushed Metallic Cardstock 2-5/8" x 5-1/4"
Embossed panel: Whisper White 2-1/2" x 5-1/4"
Greeting: Whisper White strip 1-5/16" x 3-1/2"
Poinsettia backer: Whisper White 2-3/4" x 3-1/2"
- Emboss the Just Jade background and the 2-1/2" x 5-1/4" Whisper White panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D folder.
- Cut two sprigs and both flower centers from the center of the brushed gold mat, then adhere the mat to the Just Jade background, 1/2" from bottom.
- Adhere white embossed panel over gold mat, and then attach all layers to card base.
- Stamp greeting in Shaded Spruce ink on white strip about 1/2" from right side. Cut a banner end, and adhere to card 3/8" from the bottom of the embossed white panel.
- Using a sponge dauber, apply Just Jade ink lightly to a flocked poinsettia. Die cut with coordinating die. Die cut a second poinsettia from Whisper White and attach to back of flocked poinsettia with liquid glue.
- Glue gold sprigs behind poinsettia and flower centers to front.
- Attach poinsettia to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.