When I saw the Life is Beautiful photopolymer stamp set in the new mini catalog, it zoomed to the top of my preorder list. No, really! This is going to be such a versatile set for any season, and I've used it for the very first time on a holiday card. I don't know if it really qualifies as a Christmas card, but the sentiment sure fits. We could certainly use some peace on Earth, and more good will toward (hu)man.
This just came together so beautifully - I was hoping for a soft, peaceful scene, and I think I captured it. At least it looks peaceful to me!
I used a sponge dauber to ink the stamps. It's my new favorite way of inking if I want to preserve the details of the stamp. Did you know you can get better coverage on photopolymer (and even red rubber) stamps if you condition them first? I use my thumb to rub all the shiny off the clear ones, leaving them looking frosty. The ink sticks so much better! For red rubber, I use an eraser all over, then clean it well to get the eraser dust off before inking. Measurements and instructions are below.
Remember, buy any bundle in August from the upcoming 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, which starts August 4th, and received a pre-cut, ready to stamp and assemble card kit (4 cards and envelopes) from me! The kit will include any die cuts and embossed pieces, as well as embellishments needed to complete the cards. All you need is stamps, ink, and adhesives.
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
DSP: Snowflake Splendor 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Image panel: Whisper White 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
Die cut greeting: Whisper White and Just Jade 1-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Stamped greeting: Whisper White scrap
- Adhere DSP to card base.
- Using sponge daubers to add ink, stamp tree (Crumb Cake) and "leaves" (Pool Party dots & Just Jade flakes) on Whisper White panel so that branches on left side just hang off the edge of the cardstock. Stamp shadow under tree (Pool Party).
- Emboss with the Subtle 3D folder. Die cut with the second largest Stitched Rectangle die. Adhere to card base leaving 1/8" border of DSP showing on left.
- Die cut small "Peace" in Whisper White and medium "Peace" in Just Jade. Glue together then adhere to card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals cut in half.
- Stamp "ON EARTH" using Just Jade ink. Trim with snips and adhere with half mini dimensionals.
- Adhere Flowers For Every Season Gems with liquid glue.