Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is our Favorite New In Color. Surprisingly, I've become infatuated with Pale Papaya - at least for this week, LOL!
I needed to make a birthday card for a friend in Florida, and wanted to use the Pansy Petals DSP because of that lovely Pale Papaya gingham. I didn't even need to stamp the pansies - they are on one of the patterns in the pack and fit the coordinating Pansy Dies! The only stamping was the Happy Birthday on front and the sentiment inside.
Did you notice the brushed gold metallic specialty paper behind the pansies? It has a beautiful texture, similar to the now-retired Subtle 3D embossing folder. The gold really sets off the Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral pansies.
I added some Pale Papaya and White 1/2" Ribbon backed with some Very Vanilla 3/8" Scalloped Lace Trim to make the card extra feminine. The pansy centers were topped with matching rhinestones from the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Pansy Patch Bundle
- Pale Papaya and Evening Evergreen Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper and Gold & Rose 6" x 6" Metallic Specialty Paper
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Layering Circles Dies
- Pale Papaya and White 1/2" Ribbon, Very Vanilla 3/8" Scalloped Lace Trim, 2021-2023 In Color Jewels
- Stampin' Seal and Stampin' Dimensionals