I'm playing along with this week's sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. It's a simple sketch, but I didn't know what direction to take with it; Christmas, Halloween or Thanksgiving? Birthday? Thinking of you?
The Serene Scenery DSP stack was still sitting on my desk from this card (and yes, my desk is a total mess!) so I thought I'd flip through it to get some inspiration. I also happened to have my 'box o' useful bits' open and I saw this tree that I had die cut and never used. I started picturing a tree silhouette with day break in the background. There just happened to be the perfect background paper in that stack, and with a few swipes of a sponge, I had myself a new day a-dawning! And an awesome thank you card.
Here's the "How To"
Tree: Early Espresso 3-1/2" x3-1/2"
Moon: Watercolor Paper 1-3/4" x 1-3/4"
Background: Serene Scenery DSP 3-5/8" x 4-1/4"
Mat: Early Espresso 3-11/16" x 4-3/8"
Card base: Very Vanilla 4-1/4" x 11" scored and folded at 5-1/2"
- Stamp hills from Thoughtful Branches in Early Espresso on DSP. Lightly sponge So Saffron and Calypso Coral above the hills.
- Using spatters from Gorgeous Grunge and Whisper White Craft ink, stamp "stars" at top of DSP. Let dry thoroughly (can help speed it up with heat tool).
- Adhere DSP to mat and then to card base.
- Die cut tree from Early Espresso using Beautiful Branches die. Die cut moon from Watercolor paper using second smallest Layering Circles die. Use Softly Falling embossing folder to deboss moon craters.
- Adhere moon and tree to card with liquid glue.
- Stamp greeting from Floral Phrases below with Early Espresso ink.