Yes, there really IS a day to celebrate making hand-crafted cards, and it falls on the first Saturday in October. Which happens to be TODAY, October 1st. (Wait, what?!) And to help us celebrate, Stampin' Up! is having a sale on some select items to make it easy to create those cards. Since the sale lasts for five days, you don't need to fret if you're not making a card today!
And BONUS....today also starts a month-long DSP sale. If you buy three, you can get one free (on selected products)!
I wanted to feature a couple of the items that are on sale, and show how quick and easy it is to make a simple card with a matching envelope. The DSP on the card is actually the In Color Envelope paper that is on sale! Once you've cut your 8" x 8" square for making the envelope with the envelope punch board (also on sale!), you'll have some leftovers that can be used on a card. Tomorrow and Monday, I'll have more projects using these goodies, too.
Here's what is on sale!
Here's the "How To"
Image: Whisper White 3" x3"
Mat: Early Espresso 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
DSP: 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper 1-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Using Layering Circles dies, cut Whisper White square with second largest (~2-5/8") circle die. Die cut Early Espresso square with largest scalloped circle die.
- Adhere envelope paper strip to card base 7/8" from bottom. Randomly stamp leaves in Peekaboo Peach below strip.
- Stamp tree trunk in Early Espresso toward right side of circle and greeting to left of trunk. Stamp tree background (and leaves beside trunk) with Peekaboo Peach.
- Adhere image to scalloped mat. Adhere burlap ribbon to card base and use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere matted image to card base, covering end of ribbon.
- Follow guidelines on Envelope Punch Board to make envelope (first punch/score is at 3-1/2"). Use Tear & Tape to seal envelope when mailing.