Do you need a little giftie for a co-worker, or a little something for teacher appreciation? How about a stocking stuffer for the upcoming holidays? Well, this little tea holder is just the ticket! It's not difficult, and you can make multiples for party favors, or just to keep on hand for a quickie gift.
The packet holds four individually packaged tea bags in little envelopes made on the Envelope Punch Board, which just happens to be part of the World Card Making Day sale still going on at Stampin' Up! (as is the In Color Envelope Paper)!
Here's the "How To"
For the tea packet envelopes
Emerald Envy envelope paper 4-7/8" x 4-7/8". There are two designs, so I made sure to cut two of each, for a total of four squares.
- Slide one sheet into the punch board to the 2-1/4" mark. Punch and score with scoring tool.
- Rotate paper 90 degrees counter-clockwise and line up the score line with the little pointer, as shown. Punch and score. Repeat for the other two sides.
- Round one of the short flaps with the back corner rounding punch. Don't worry about the other flaps.
- Fold up short bottom (pointed) flap. Fold right flap over. Tuck left flap under 3/4" then fold over right flap. Add adhesive as shown to create envelope pocket.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for other three squares.
- Cut four red glimmer paper stars using smallest die in Star Framelits. Add Tear & Tape adhesive to bottom halves and adhere to pockets so that top envelope flap can be tucked in and held in place.
Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut one 3" x 11" and one 2-3/4" x 3"
Emerald Envy envelope paper, cut two strips 2-7/8" x 10-3/8"
- Score larger Whisper White Thick cardstock at 3-1/2", 4-5/8", 8-1/8", and 9-1/4". Note: The Simply Scored Scoring Tool (and markers) makes this so easy, especially if you are making multiples!
- From each envelope paper strip, cut (2) 1" pieces, (1) 1-5/8" piece, and (2) 3-3/8" pieces. Glue the cut envelope paper pieces to their corresponding places on both sides of the larger scored Whisper White.
- Score smaller white cardstock (long side) at 1/2" increments. Fold and glue center fold together, as shown. Apply glue to bottom and outer edges, and adhere to bottom of tea packet holder.
- Apply a short piece of Tear & Tape to the four inner flaps, and adhere tea packet envelopes to flaps.
- Cut one red glimmer star from second smallest die in Star Framelits. Add Tear & Tape to bottom half of star and position on outer flap so that top flap will tuck in to close.