It's been positively eons since I've played in any design challenges. This week I felt like taking a look around to see what tickled my fancy, and sketch challenge #255 over at Freshly Made Sketches caught my eye. I have always loved the clean look of my friend Jen Timko's cards, and I know she's on the design team there. *Waves* Hi, Jen!
This is the sketch we were to use as inspiration, and I have to tell you, I already have another card in mind using this layout!
Here's the "How To"
Image: Dapper Denim 2-7/8" x 4"
Snow: Whisper White 1-1/2" x 4"
Embossed overlay: Vellum 2-7/8" x 4"
Frame: Dapper Denim 3" x 4-1/8"
Banner: Dapper Denim 1/2" x 4-1/2"
Greeting: Whisper White Thick 1-1/4" x 3-1/2"
Embossed background: Fancy Frost DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Using the Stampin' Trimmer, carefully cut a 3/16" frame out of the larger Dapper Denim rectangle and set aside. Note: If you have rectangle dies, this process will be much easier. Just change the size as needed.
- Adhere Fancy Frost DSP to card base.
- Rub embossing buddy over smaller Dapper Denim rectangle and heat emboss trees from Greetings From Santa and Totally Trees in white. Tear Whisper White strip to mimic snowy hills and adhere under trees.
- Emboss vellum using Softly Falling embossing folder and adhere over trees at corners, using rolled up glue dots.
- Adhere frame to image with liquid glue and let dry.
- Die cut greeting from strip of Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- Cut a banner end in strip of Dapper Denim cardstock, and adhere greeting with liquid glue.
- Adhere image to card, and use Stampin' Dimensionals to attach greeting/banner to card. Add the silver star from Metallic Enamel Shapes.