I absolutely adore the scarecrow in the Cookie-Cutter Halloween stamp set! In fact, the whole reason I bought this set was for that scarecrow. Halloween cards don't get made much around here, I guess because my kids (and grandkids) aren't little anymore. But scarecrows almost rank right up there with snowmen on my list of things that make me happy, so this was a must-have!
Since I wanted to add a little bling around the images, I fussy-cut the images instead of punching, and then used the punch to create the gold mat for them. I have to tell you, the girl's hair was a PITA. I won't be doing that again, lol! I really needed a third hand to braid the linen thread.
The greeting is from Paisleys & Posies. This card is going to my sweet husband for our one year new home anniversary tomorrow. He does make my world more colorful!!! Speaking of colors, these were the Copics used:
Here's the "How To"
Scarecrows: Whisper White 2-1/2" x 4"
Glimmer mat: 2-1/2" x 4"
Greeting: Whisper White 5/8" x 3-1/4"
Embossed background: Crumb Cake 3" x 4-1/2"
DSP: Warmth & Cheer 4" x 5-1/4"
Mat behind DSP: Whisper White 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp scarecrow twice on Whisper White using Memento Ink, if coloring with alcohol ink markers. Color as desired and fussy-cut. Tie linen thread (single strand) around necks.
- Stamp just the hats twice, color and fussy-cut them as well. Make hair for girl with linen thread (good luck, haha). Glue hair down, then attach hats with Glue Dots.
- Punch glimmer paper with Cookie-Cutter Builder Punch. Attach scarecrows with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Die cut smaller Crumb Cake piece with second-largest label framelit. Emboss with Woodgrain embossing folder. Sponge Soft Suede ink over it to emphasis the embossing.
- Adhere DSP to Whisper White mat. Adhere embossed label to DSP. Attach burlap ribbon and grosgrain ribbon over label and DSP.
- Glue scarecrows to card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stamp greeting in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White strip, banner cut ends and attach with Stampin' Dimensionals.