This was a card I made for a recent swap. Now that I know everyone has received theirs, I can show you! I thought I would keep it clean and simple....well, I got the clean part down, anyway. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought wrapping the Copper Thread around each tree FOUR times was going to be simple. Stamping and die cutting was a piece o' cake, though!
The angled shot really shows how pretty that Copper Foil is. I used scraps in the Confetti Stars Punch to make the little star embellishments. It just needed something, and they were the perfect "something"! And no one outside Tennessee will get the symbolism, heehee!
Here's the "How To"
Tree: Garden Green 2-1/4" x 4"
Stars: Scraps of Copper Foil Sheet
DSP mat: Warmth & Cheer 1-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Mat: Copper Foil Sheet 2" x 4"
Greeting banner: Crumb Cake 1/4" x 4"
Embossed background: Fancy Frost Specialty DSP 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat: Garden Green 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere Fancy Frost DSP to Garden Green mat, and then to card base.
- Adhere Warmth & Cheer DSP to Copper Foil mat, and then to card. (I left about a half inch margin at the top and left side of the copper mat.)
- Stamp tree image in Garden Green ink on Garden Green cardstock and die cut with tree from Santa's Sleigh Framelits. Wrap with Copper Thread (four times!), adhering ends to back. Attach to card with a strip of Tear & Tape adhesive down the middle.
- Stamp greeting in Garden Green ink on banner, cut ends into a banner, fold and adhere with liquid glue.
- Use foil sheet scraps to punch stars with Confetti Stars Punch. Adhere with liquid glue.