This is another card where I was playing around with Emerald Envy. It started out with just Pool Party and Whisper White, but I felt it really needed a stronger accent color. Once I decided to add the pine branches, I pulled out the E.E. cardstock, and voila! Who knew it would be such a perfect match?! That got me to thinking that Pool Party is just a lighter tone of Emerald Envy, and sure enough, if you ink up a stamp with Emerald Envy and stamp off a few times, eventually it comes out looking like Pool Party!
Here's the "How To"
Bells: Whisper White 2-1/4" x 3"
Pine boughs: Emerald Envy 3-1/2" x 4"
Bow: Silver Foil Sheet 1-1/4" x 2"
Embossed background: Fancy Frost DSP 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" (for circle) and 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat: Emerald Envy 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Pool Party 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere larger DSP to Emerald Envy mat, and then to card base.
- Die cut smaller DSP with largest circle in Layering Circles Framelits. Sponge Pool party ink over it for contrast. Adhere to card base.
- Heat emboss bells using silver embossing powder and sponge Pool party ink over them both. Punch out with bell punch. Adhere to circle.
- Die cut pine branches and adhere to upper left of card. Die cut bow and attach over branches.
- Using marker-to-stamp, color outer greeting banner in Emerald Envy and greeting inside in Basic Black. Cut out and attach with dimensionals. Add dots from Metallic Enamel Shapes.