Well, the dreaded list of tears (aka RETIRING LIST) is out, and I'm sorry to see so many favorites are going away. *sniff* It happens every time a new catalog is set to be released, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Nope. Nopety nope. I still grieve the lost stamp sets that I've come to love. The ONLY thing that eases the sting is the awesome stuff in each new catalog!
To coincide with the release of the retiring list, Stampin' Up! is doing some house cleaning and is having a HUGE clearance sale from now until Jan. 3rd, when the Holiday catalog ends. Be sure to click HERE, or the image above to see the list. As always, everything is "while supplies last."
But while they are still among the living, there's still time to get them while you can! Today I am featuring two stamp sets that are retiring; the adorable Merry Mice, and Merriest Wishes, which was used for the heat embossed dotted background. And both are discounted now!
I just love this little guy, looking so dapper in his sweater! He reminds me of Stuart Little, one of my kids' favorite movies long ago. This is another fairly simple card - just stamp and color the mouse, then die cut with the stitched Framelits.You gotta get this stamp! You'll be kicking yourself (and paying too much on eBay) if you don't!
I'm playing along with Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week, because it was perfect for what I wanted to do with the mouse. I did rotate the sketch from portrait to landscape, though.
Here's the "How To"
Image: Shimmery White 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Greeting: Basic Black 1/4" x 2-1/2"
Gold Glimmer Paper 3/8" x 3-1/4"
Heat embossed background: Watercolor Paper 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Shimmery White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Using Basic Black ink, stamp mouse on shimmery white square, color, then die cut with largest Stitched Shapes circle.
- Rub black cardstock strip with embossing buddy and stamp greeting with VersaMark ink. Cover with white embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat until melted. Note: hold with tweezers to protect your fingers! Cut banner end on right side.
- Adhere greeting to front of image circle. Cut banner end in gold glimmer strip, and adhere under circle.
- Rub embossing buddy over watercolor paper and stamp dotted background from Merriest Wishes in VersaMark ink. Stamp first time toward left side, the again toward right, lining up image as close as possible. Cover with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat until melted.
- Adhere embossed watercolor paper to card base. Adhere doily to card (I used liquid glue).
- Attach image/banners to doily with dimensionals.
- Product List