I am very happy to report that the Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamp set and punch are going to be carried over! I'm happy because I can get a head start on next year's Christmas cards, but also because the little bear in that set makes the perfect "welcome baby" card.
One of my stamping team recently had a baby girl, so I needed to acknowledge that momentous occasion! To be honest, she is more than just part of my team, she is also a dear friend and one of the sweetest, most generous people you could ever meet. Her husband is, too. (He installed the new flooring in the kitchen and dining room of the house we sold last year, and it made such a huge difference in the way the house presented! There was truly awful old carpet in the dining room....ugh.) But I digress...
Anyway, I am so happy for them and for their other little girl, who is a big sister now!
Here's the "How To"
Image: Whisper White 2-1/4" x 3" and 3" x 4"
Mat: Pink Pirouette 3" x 4"
Greeting: Whisper White scrap
DSP: Subtles DSP stack 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Pink Pirouette 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp bear in crumb cake on smaller white cardstock. Stamp face in Early Espresso. Punch out with builder punch.
- Stamp ears in Crumb Cake on larger white cardstock, about 1" from top. Lay bear over to see where the oval Framelit needs to be, leaving an even border around the bear. Die cut using largest Stitches Shapes oval.
- Die cut Pink Pirouette cardstock with largest scalloped oval die. On the leftover scrap, stamp the bow in Melon Mambo (stamped off once), and punch with the builder punch.
- Adhere stitched oval to scalloped oval. Adhere bear to stitched oval with dimensionals. Attach bow with liquid glue. Add three of the smallest pearls to bow.
- Stamp greeting (Badges & Banners) in Soft Suede, color letters with Pink Pirouette marker, and punch with banner punch. Attach under bear with liquid glue.
- Adhere DSP (I used retired DSP) to card base. Adhere doily (also retired) to DSP.
- Attach ovals with bear to doily with dimensionals. Add medium pearls under greeting.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!