Here's a fun card for Paper Craft Crew's challenge #223. I think the Hey, Chick stamp set in the upcoming SAB brochure is the bees knees, and just had to use this hen that was hanging out in my Box o' Useful Bits. I didn't need her for a previous project, but she's perfect for this one! Doesn't that linen thread look kind of like straw? I can just picture the "girls" scratching around in it!
This is the sketch challenge this week:
Here's the "How To"
Chicken: Shimmery White 3" x 3"
Greeting: Scrap of Shimmery White 1/2" x 2"
Scalloped mat: *cut from center of R.R. mat*
"Chicken wire": Whisper White 3-1/4" x 5-1/8"
DSP: Neutrals DSP Stack 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat*: Real Red 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp chicken on shimmery white, color, and die cut with second largest circle in Stitched Shapes Framelits. Stamp greeting on strip and cut banner ends.
- Die cut center of Real Red mat with third largest scalloped circle Framelit. (Hole will be covered.) Adhere chicken to scalloped mat.
- Stamp chicken wire pattern as described above on Whisper White.
- Adhere chicken wire to DSP. Wrap twine around and tie a bow, then adhere to Real Red mat and attach all to card base.
- Cut several lengths of Linen Thread and tie in the middle. Attach to card with glue dot.
- Fasten chicken to card with dimensionals and greeting underneath with dimensionals.