Here's a fun card for Paper Craft Crew's challenge #223. I think the Hey, Chick stamp set in the upcoming SAB brochure is the bees knees, and just had to use this hen that was hanging out in my Box o' Useful Bits. I didn't need her for a previous project, but she's perfect for this one! Doesn't that linen thread look kind of like straw? I can just picture the "girls" scratching around in it!
This is the sketch challenge this week:
Here's the "How To"
Chicken: Shimmery White 3" x 3"
Greeting: Scrap of Shimmery White 1/2" x 2"
Scalloped mat: *cut from center of R.R. mat*
"Chicken wire": Whisper White 3-1/4" x 5-1/8"
DSP: Neutrals DSP Stack 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat*: Real Red 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Stamp chicken on shimmery white, color, and die cut with second largest circle in Stitched Shapes Framelits. Stamp greeting on strip and cut banner ends.
- Die cut center of Real Red mat with third largest scalloped circle Framelit. (Hole will be covered.) Adhere chicken to scalloped mat.
- Stamp chicken wire pattern as described above on Whisper White.
- Adhere chicken wire to DSP. Wrap twine around and tie a bow, then adhere to Real Red mat and attach all to card base.
- Cut several lengths of Linen Thread and tie in the middle. Attach to card with glue dot.
- Fasten chicken to card with dimensionals and greeting underneath with dimensionals.
Cindy, I love the colors and details that you added!! Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!ReplyDelete
OMGosh - Cindy what a fabulous card! I love that chick(I can't decide if she's giving someone the 'side eye', or is startled by something behind her!), and yes, the ribbon bits do look like straw! So glad you joined our challenge this week with the Paper Craft Crew. ~DeborahReplyDelete
OMGosh! I love it! That set is one my favourites in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew! Christyne - DT.ReplyDelete
The Hexagon idea is insanely clever and I'm doing this. It's awesome! Thank you so very much for participating with us at the Paper Craft Crew this week and we hope you will play along with us in our future challenges so that we can see what you made!ReplyDelete
Cindy... OMG! You totally rocked this sketch and SOLD me on this Chicken Sale-A-Bration stamp set (yes, I picked this stamp set after I saw this card.) Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. Your card was selected as a Top Pick and I'm re-posting our Top Pick selections as we seemed to have had a technical glitch when it originally posted.ReplyDelete
Woohoo, thanks, Pam!!!Delete