Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is "Fall Flowers." The first flowers that popped into my head were chrysanthemums, immediately followed by sunflowers. Since we don't have a chrysanthemum stamp, then the obvious choice was sunflowers!
I haven't inked up Jar of Flowers for a while, so rather than use Celebrate Sunflowers, I dusted it off and went to work. A Pool Party watercolor wash was painted on watercolor paper and set to dry. While it was drying, I stamped the mason jar (Smoky Slate stamped off once) and water (Coastal Cabana stamped off once). After punching it out, I pressed it face down on the VersaMark pad, then covered it with clear embossing powder. After heating it, it looked like glass! Linen Thread was wrapped around the jar and tied in a bow.
When the background was dry, it was embossed with Tasteful Textures and adhered to the card base. A strip of In Good Taste wood grain DSP was adhered, then the jar was popped up on dimensionals. The greeting from Celebration Tidings was stamped in Early Espresso and popped up as well.
The sunflower bouquet was stamped with Memento ink and colored with Stampin' Blends before being fussy cut and also popped up with dimensionals. A few "dew drops" from the Flowers For Every Season Gems were then added.
That's my share for today. Now click the Next button to jump to Libby Fens at Libby Stamps, or the Back button to see what Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner made!
- Jar of Flowers & Celebration Tidings Photopolymer Stamp sets
- Whisper White Cardstock & Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
- Memento Tuxedo Black, plus Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, & Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pads
- Water Painters
- Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Old Olive, & Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends Combo Packs
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine & Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder
- VersaMark ink, Heat Tool, & Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Linen Thread & Flowers For Every Season Gems
- Fine Tip Glue Pen & Stampin' Seal
Love your card! Thanks for sharing the tip on making the jar look like glass.ReplyDelete
Love the coloring!ReplyDelete
This is awesome! Great work!ReplyDelete