As soon as I saw this Crafting Forever stamp set I knew I had to have it! You know what they say - crafting comes before housework in the dictionary, as it should! The dust bunnies aren't going to go anywhere, so might as well have some fun before you tackle them. Besides, it's a proven fact the crafting is good for your mental well-being! I read it on the Internet, so it must be true. *giggle*
Crafting Forever is available in both wood-mount and clear-mount options, and you know which one I chose....clear-mount! Costs less and leaves more room on the shelf for MORE STAMPS! Must. Have. ALL. The. Stamps!
So, to see a stamp set that embodies my motto was just the bees knees for me, and a "must have" item. I stamped it on watercolor paper and used an Aqua Painter to add Powder Pink, Sahara Sand, and Old Olive.
The copper wire-looking embellishment is four strands of the Copper Metallic Thread twisted together, looped behind the image and held in place with a Glue Dot.
I made this card for the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #221, using this sketch:
Here's the "How To"
Image: Watercolor Paper 3" x 4"
Scalloped mat: Basic Black 3" x 4"
Greeting strip: Sahara Sand 1-1/4" x 3-3/4"
Mat: Basic Black 1-3/8" x 3-3/4"
Background: Fresh Florals DSP 3-3/4" x 5"
Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Card base: Sahara Sand 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere Fresh Florals DSP to Basic Black mat and the to card base.
- Stamp greeting with Basic Black Archival Ink on right side of greeting strip. Adhere to Basic Black mat and then to card, leaving 5/8" of the Fresh Floral DSP showing at bottom.
- Stamp image on Watercolor Paper (or Shimmery White, if desired) and add colors as mentioned above. Note: It's water coloring - you don't have to be precise and ultra detailed when adding the colors. If you look closely, I wasn't!
- Die cut the image with the largest oval in the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Die cut the mat with the largest scalloped oval in the Layering Ovals Framelits. Adhere image to mat.
- Make loops of Copper Metallic Thread and adhere to card with a glue dot.
- Attach image to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.