Still using up that retiring Pop of Pink Specialty DSP! If you think about it, you can get 72 cards out of one pack of Designer Series Paper, just by using it as a 4" x 5-1/4" background. That's a lot of cards! And if you use smaller pieces or strips, it will go even further. I just checked this morning, and the it's still available at 40% off. Of course, all the retiring things end in one short week!
This has to be a short post, because our dog is having tummy issues, yet again, so we have an appointment at a new vet shortly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can figure out what is going on with her. Nothing like the sound of a dog retching at 1:30 a.m. to wake one up in a hurry. *sigh*
Here's the "How To"
Flowers: Whisper White 2" x 4"
Background: Pop of Pink Specialty DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
Strip: Pop of Pink 3/4" x 5-1/4"
Glitter strip: Silver Glimmer Paper 1/8" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Melon Mambo 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere DSP background to card base. Adhere DSP strip approximately 1/2"-5/8" from bottom of background. (Mine measured 9/16".)
- Attach glimmer strip to center of DSP strip.
- Stamp leaves (twice) in Melon Mambo on background as shown and use a Blender Pen to pull color from the stamped lines into the leaves.
- Stamp blossom twice on white cardstock and color with Blender Pen using lid of ink pad as a palette. (Squeeze ink pad while closed so some ink transfers from the pad to the lid.)
- Punch blossoms with Pansy Punch and adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Clear Faceted Gems to centers of blossoms.
- Stamp greeting in Basic Black above DSP strip on the right side.