I haven't played much with the Cool Treats stamp set, yet, so I thought today would be a good day. Now mind you, it's not because the weather calls for a cool treat....far from it. It's been frikkin' COLD this past week! I'm about ready for warmer Spring weather, how about you?
I just like the way the Celebrations Duo embossing folders are a great way to add some WOW to a card, and the Cool Treats set works so well with it. Because the greeting is debossed (indented rather than raised), it's perfect for over-stamping with balloons like this card, or the popsicles, as done here. It may take a couple tries to get the right amount of pressure for a good image, without getting too much in the indented parts. I saw a tip about leaving it in the embossing folder while stamping, but I haven't tried it, yet. I just touch up the ink spots with this extra-fine point white Sharpie.
Some Clear Wink of Stella was added to give those frozen treats a frosty look. I'm sure something cold and frosty will be a lot more appealing in a few months, but for now I'll just admire the ink ones.
My idea of the perfect cold, frosty treat (right, Sherry?)......
Here's the "How To"
Greeting banner: Watermelon Wonder 1/4" x 3"
Image panel: Whisper White 2-1/2" x 5-1/8"
Mat Watermelon Wonder 2-5/8" x 5-1/8"
DSP: Tasty Treats Designer DSP 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Mat: Watermelon Wonder 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Adhere DSP to mat and then to card base.
- Emboss "Celebrate" in Whisper White, and stamp treats (ink colors listed below). Note: the Watermelon Wonder treat was stamped off once.
- Add Wink of Stella to treats, then adhere to mat, and attach to card base using dimensionals.
- Rub embossing buddy over greeting strip. Stamp greeting (from Big on Birthdays) using VersaMark ink. Cover with embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat with heat tool.
- Attach to card with dimensionals (cut in half).