So....Snowmageddon was a no-show this weekend. I'm beginning to trust the weatherman about as much as I trust a used car salesman. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of snow, mind you! It just would have been fun to have one good snow that was enough for the dog to romp in, and maybe build a snowman. Seriously! If it's going to be this cold, we should at least have something to show for it, right?
Well, cold weather or not, Spring is coming, and with it comes Easter. This was one of the cards we made in our stamp club last week. I love the sweet smell of Easter Lilies, but don't dare bring any plant of any kind in the house. Our cat would immediately take it upon himself to sample it, and lilies are poisonous to cats. He's a good mouser and my snuggle-buddy, so he's going to have to stick to the nibbles of kale that I give him sometimes.
Here's the "How To"
Image: Shimmery White 4" x 4-1/2"
Mat: So Saffron 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Greeting: Vellum 3/4" x 6"
DSP: 1-3/4" x 4-1/2" and 2-1/4" x 5" (Pool Party & So Saffron from Subtles DSP Stack)
Mats: Pool Party 2" x 4-3/4" & So Saffron 2-1/2" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Shimmery White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Rub Embossing Buddy over vellum, stamp greeting in VersaMark ink, and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Tap off excess and heat with Heat Tool until melted and shiny.
- Stamp Easter lily in black, centering it on Shimmery White image piece. Make sure it's dry, then sponge Daffodil Delight lightly around, avoiding blossoms. Color stems with a blender pen and Garden Green ink. Die cut with largest Stitched Shapes circle.
- Die cut So Saffron mat with largest Layering Circles scalloped circle. Adhere lily image to mat.
- Adhere DSPs to their corresponding mats. Adhere So Saffrom DSP/mat to card base, leaving 1/8" margin at bottom and sides.
- Wrap vellum greeting around bottom of Pool Party DSP/mat and adhere ends to back. Adhere Pool Party on top of So Saffron, having top edge about 1/4" above top of So Saffron.
- Add two dimensionals behind the top of lily image, and a strip of adhesive near the bottom. Remove liners from dimensionals, slip bottom edge of lily image behind vellum and press in place.