Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is cute Halloween, and what better stamp set to use than Frightfully Cute with the Frightful Tags Dies? As soon as I saw this bundle, I knew I had to have it.....and I don't even make many Halloween cards! I love the greetings, and that the images are small and solid; easy for scene building. And I especially love the dies - more great scene builders! For this card I stamped the moon in So Saffron and cut it with the matching die. The greeting was heat embossed on Gorgeous Grape and cut with the label die.
After cutting the fence (x2), tree, and owl in black, I cut the owl again using a Bumblebee scrap so I could make his yellow eyes and beak. The stars were cut from a scrap of So Saffron. That pretty border around the Highland Heather Scalloped Contour background was added by masking off inside the pierced line and using a Blending Brush with Gorgeous Grape ink to darken the scallops.
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Frightfully Cute bundle
- Basic White, Basic Black, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, So Saffron, and Bumblebee cardstock
- So Saffron, Gorgeous Grape, and VersaMark ink
- Heat Tool and White Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies, and Tasteful Textiles 3D folder
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon
- Stampin' Dimensionals and Multipurpose Liquid Glue