Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Red, White, and Blue. That's such a fun color combination (three cheers for it!) and I decided to skip the obvious patriotic card and make a RW&B birthday card instead.
I pulled out the Celebrate With Flowers stamp again because I adore that vertical greeting! Sponge Daubers were used to add ink to the stamps so I wouldn't lose any of the detail. (Juicy pads sometimes make for muddy images.) The flowers were fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals, as was the entire Scalloped Contour label.
The DSP strips measure 1-1/8" x 5-1/2" and are a great way to use up scraps! Some Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels added a bit of pop. I couldn't figure out where to put a ribbon that didn't look weirdly awkward, so stuck with just the rhinestones. Sometimes less is more, ya know?
That's my share for today. Click the Next button to jump over to Libby Fens at Libby Stamps, or the Back button to see what Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner has made!
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Celebrate With Flowers cling stamp set
- Basic White Cardstock
- Night of Navy and Poppy Parade Classic Stampin' Pads, Sponge Daubers
- Neutrals and Subtles 6" x 6" DSP Assortments (Night of Navy and Poppy Parade used)
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Scalloped Contours Dies
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Stampin' Dimensionals
- Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels
I love this card - the stamp set, the colors, the paper - love it all. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete