Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop
theme is to use the new Soft Pastels Assortment (pg. 126 Annual Catalog) or, if we don't have them yet, the Watercolor Pencils (same page). Well, it just so happens that I DO have the pastels and this gave me the perfect opportunity to try them. It also just so happens that I still have my tortillions (blending stumps) from art class a million years ago, so I was all set! (You can use cotton-tipped swabs for blending, too.)
I challenged myself to use a stamp set that I'm not really "feeling" because doing a floral would have been just too easy for me. So I picked the Host set called Better Places. I stamped the smaller scenic image three times in Basic Gray and started coloring. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed using pastels...but then, it has been a million years since college art class, LOL.
After matting them on Basic Black, I thought a Gold Metallic Specialty Paper background would give it a bit of bling without using embellishments. I think it turned out pretty well.
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Better Places cling stamp set
- Basic White and Basic Black cardstock
- Neutrals DSP and Gold & Rose Metallic Specialty Paper
- Basic Gray and VersaMark ink
- Heat Tool and White Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Stitched Rectangles Dies
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Black Stampin' Dimensionals Combo Pack