Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is to use borders or tags on our project. Hmmm, lots of tag dies and punches, border dies and even a border punch to choose from. Decisions, decisions! Ultimately it came down to the stamp set I wanted to use, and the chosen sentiment from that set made the die choice easy. Basic Borders, it is!
I can think of a lot of people who could use a pick-me-up, and I'm sure you can too. This was such a simple card to make...the hardest part was choosing the colors. I went with Basic Gray for the bottom panel so I could heat emboss the greeting in white.
From there it was So Saffron (some Mango Melody was added with a Blending Brush), Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Fresh Freesia, and Highland Heather. The clouds were offset a bit and glued down, then trimmed. I did use a rotary trimmer because I wasn't sure our Paper Trimmer could handle all those layers of our lovely heavy cardstock. Then all was adhered to a Basic Gray card base and some Artistry Blooms sequins were added to complete the card.
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Sunny Sentiments cling stamp set
- Basic Gray, So Saffron, Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Fresh Freesia, and Highland Heather cardstock
- Mango Melody ink and Blending Brushes
- VersaMark ink, Heat Tool, and White Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Basic Borders Dies
- Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Multipurpose Liquid Glue