Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is to use borders or tags on our project. Hmmm, lots of tag dies and punches, border dies and even a border punch to choose from. Decisions, decisions! Ultimately it came down to the stamp set I wanted to use, and the chosen sentiment from that set made the die choice easy. Basic Borders, it is!
I can think of a lot of people who could use a pick-me-up, and I'm sure you can too. This was such a simple card to make...the hardest part was choosing the colors. I went with Basic Gray for the bottom panel so I could heat emboss the greeting in white.
From there it was So Saffron (some Mango Melody was added with a Blending Brush), Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Fresh Freesia, and Highland Heather. The clouds were offset a bit and glued down, then trimmed. I did use a rotary trimmer because I wasn't sure our Paper Trimmer could handle all those layers of our lovely heavy cardstock. Then all was adhered to a Basic Gray card base and some Artistry Blooms sequins were added to complete the card.
That's my share for today. Now click the Next button to jump over to Libby Fens at Libby Stamps, or the Back button to see what Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner has made!
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Sunny Sentiments cling stamp set
- Basic Gray, So Saffron, Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Fresh Freesia, and Highland Heather cardstock
- Mango Melody ink and Blending Brushes
- VersaMark ink, Heat Tool, and White Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Basic Borders Dies
- Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!