Remember this card, where I colored and cut extra flowers for the Box o' Useful Bits? Well, here is where I put them to use. This is one of the cards we made in the stamp club, and I just love the clean look of it!
Super simple, yet packs some WOW with the Washi tape. I used some Basic Black from the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape, and Daffodil Delight & Old Olive from the Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape on page 195 of the catalog. It's soooo easy to add just the right touch by using a bit of Washi. I'm kicking myself for not "discovering" it sooner! The gold foil stitched circle and gold mini sequins really jazz it up, too.
Here's the "How To"
Flowers: Shimmery White scraps
Stitched circle: Gold Foil Sheets 1-3/4" x 1-3/4"
Background: Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored & folded at 4-1/4"
- Place the Washi tape where you want it on the Whisper White background. Mask off the Washi with sticky notes and stamp the splatter from Touches of Texture using Daffodil Delight ink stamped off once.
- Stamp greeting in Basic Black, then adhere background to card base.
- Place two glue dots where the Washi intersects and adhere a 4" piece each of ribbon and sequins, folded in half.
- Die cut gold foil with smallest circle in Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Stamp the flower in Basic Black ink twice on Shimmery White cardstock. Color with blender pen and Calypso Coral & Lemon Lime Twist ink. Fussy-cut and adhere one flower to the foil circle with a glue dot and the other with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Adhere the circle to the card base with dimensionals.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!