this video from Jackie Topa, I almost fell out of my chair.....not only from the awesome surprise when you open the card, but from how EASY it was to make! So, naturally, I had to adapt it and show how to do it in the Envelope Punch Board class last week. (One of my measurements is slightly different from Jackie's.)
It is obviously meant for giving a gift card, but you could also slip some of that "folding green stuff" into it, if the recipient would rather have cash. It will even hold a packet of tea or a Ghirardelli Square! Lookie how cool this is.....you open the card and the inner panel slides up and shows the gift!
STAMPS: Merry Little Christmas, More Merry Messages CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Season Of Style DSP Stack, Champagne Glimmer Paper INK: Soft Suede (Neutrals), Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, 2 ½" Circle Punch, Old Olive ⅛" Taffeta Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Season of Style Washi Tape
Card with Slide-Up Gift Card
- Card base: Cut cardstock to 4 ¼" x 11" and score at 2", 7 ¼", and 7 ⅜".
- Inner slide: Cut cardstock to 3 ¾" x 6 ½", score at 1 ⅜" and 6".
- Fold card base along 3 score lines in matchbook fashion.
- Fasten smaller flap with Washi tape or ribbon.
- Slide larger flap in punch board to the 1" mark and punch. Flip over and do the same for the other side. (Note: if using DSP (3 ⅝" x 4 ¼") on flap, adhere it before punching.)
- Fold inner slide in a Z-fold. Slip end that holds gift card into pocket of card.
- Open out ½” flap and apply Sticky Strip adhesive (adhesive should be face-up). With slider pushed all the way into pocket and centered, close top flap to adhere to top of slider.