Hello, stamping friends! This month's design challenge from My Inky Friends is a sketch, inspired by the adorable duck-billed platypus card on page 48 of the Stampin' Up! annual catalog. I thought I'd change it up a bit and make a floral image the focus.
The tags in the Botanical Tags Thinlits Dies (part of the Botanical Bliss bundle on page 20) take the place of the DSP used in the sample.
Since we don't have stitched rectangle dies, I added faux stitches with a marker on the Soft Sea Foam background DSP. I think next time I'll stamp "friend" directly on the cardstock and save the fussy cutting for something easier, like the blossom!
We'd love to see what you create using this sketch! Upload your project HERE using the linky. You have two weeks to play along, so there is plenty of time! Don't forget the basic quidelines:
1. Follow the general design of a sketch, although it can be flipped. For a color challenge, Stampin' Up! colors are listed. You can use compatible colors and add neutrals as needed.
2. Create something new that has not been posted before.
3. Post your creation on your blog or online gallery, please provide a link back to our challenge. Provide a direct link to your project or post to the Linky.
4. Feel free to combine up to three challenges, as long as you include a link to the Inky Friends post.
5. Most important of all - have fun!
Beautiful! I love the tag! I wondered where that came from. I hadn't noticed those thinlits, but I LOVE this. Goes great with the sketch.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Kris!Delete
I love your card :-) I really want that Botanical Bundle now.ReplyDelete