This is one of those stamp sets that just makes me smile. First of all because I love country living, and what is more country than an old tractor (oh, how I wish we had one!), or a little boy in overalls? I'm betting he has a frog in his pocket! And don't even get me going on that barn! There are a lot of old barns around here - in fact we have one! But none are as stately, and in as good of shape as this one.
The detail on this stamp set is just amazing. I think the Stampin' Up! artists outdid themselves with the artwork. I mean, check out the checkerboard pattern near the top of the silo. And the trees behind the windmill; you can not only see each branch, but the tiny lines on the branches! And the windmill.....not just the cross-pieces for support, but a ladder going up! Heartland is a deeply etched red rubber set, available in wood-mount and clear-mount.
Okay, enough waxing rhapsodic (even though I could go on). I was itching to try the new Pinewood Planks Dynamic T.I.E.F. and I was not disappointed! Remember, the trick to using the Dynamic folders is to dampen the cardstock first before running it through the Big Shot. I use a Stampin' Spritzer, giving two or three light sprays, and then wipe off the excess.
Also remember the Big Shot "sandwich" is different, as well. You only need one cutting pad, placed on top of the folder, not the second one underneath. Trust me, if you forget Mr. Big will remind you as soon as you try to put it through. It won't go, so don't try to force it!
I was very pleased that the paper fibers didn't crack and the cardstock came out looking similar to the barn wood on my living room wall. After the Crumb Cake cardstock was embossed, I lightly dragged the Whisper White Craft ink pad across it, to give it a whitewashed look.
Here's the "How To"
Image: Whisper White 3-1/2" x 4-1/2"
Mat: Copper Foil 3" x 4"
Greeting: Whisper White 9/16" x 3"
Mat: Copper Foil 5/8" x 3"
Background: Crumb Cake 4" x 5-1/4" (this will be trimmed down)
Mat: Whisper White 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
Card base: Soft Suede 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Lightly spritz Crumb Cake cardstock and emboss with the Pinewood Planks folder. Drag Whisper White Craft ink pad over to "whitewash." Set aside to dry.
- Stamp barn scene in Basic Black Archival ink on white cardstock. Add a little shading to the silo and roof with Smoky Slate ink and a blender pen. Sponge Soft Suede ink lightly around edges.
- Die cut scene with largest oval in Layering Ovals Framelits. Sponge Soft Suede ink lightly around edges.
- Die cut Copper Foil with same oval. Adhere barn scene to foil, having edges slightly offset, as shown.
- Stamp greeting on strip and cut banner end. Sponge Soft Suede ink lightly around edges. Adhere copper strip and cut banner end slightly longer.
- Cut embossed plank background down to 3-3/4" x 5". Adhere a piece of burlap ribbon to the bottom edge, trimming ends even with cardstock.
- Adhere to white mat and then to card base. Stamp "splats" from Timeless Textures in Soft Suede ink, if desired.
- Adhere barn to card base. Attach greeting with dimensionals.