I accepted the 30 day #imbringingbackhappymail challenge by Lyssa Zwolanek, is what I "done." She wants to bring happy mail back, like Shannon West is bringing birthdays back. Who wouldn't love to find a handcrafted card in their mailbox, when most of the time it's bills and junk mail? Well, I took Lyssa up on it and posted on Facebook that, for the next thirty days, I would send a happy mail card to anyone who wants one. Well, after a slow start the count is now up to 36 cards! Yikes!!! I guess I really can't say I'm overwhelmed though, since Shannon's birthday card list is at about 2,000!
So this is one of eight cards that went out today. And I'm going to keep this post short, because I have a lot of card-making to do!
Here's the "How To"
Image panel: Shimmery White 2-3/4" x 4"
Mat: Flirty Flamingo 2-7/8" x 4-1/8"
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Stamp background from Touches of Texture in Flirty Flamingo ink on card base.
- Add a strip of Flirty Flamingo striped Washi Tape 3/4" from bottom of card base.
- Stamp flower bunch on shimmery white and color with Aqua Painter and ink pad. Stamp greeting from Bunch of Blossoms.
- Adhere image to mat, and cut doily in half, fastening to back of mat.
- Use adhesive to adhere matted image/doily to card base.
- Use Fine-Tip Glue Pen to add sequins and white baker's twine bow.