There aren't any birds on this card, so why call it Swirly Bird Thanks? Because that sailboat is one of the images in the Swirly Bird stamp set, which does have a bird. And swirlys. And flowers. And spatters, too. Calling it Swirly Boat Flower Bird Spatters would just take up too much room, right?
Here's the "How To"
Ocean/clouds: Watercolor Paper 3" x 4-1/2" (1/4 sheet)
Mat: Night of Navy 3-1/4" x 4-3/4"
DSP: Floral Boutique 4" x 5-1/4"
Scraps of Whisper White and Real Red for greeting banner and stamping boat and sails
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Adhere DSP to card base.
- Use a 3" x 3" sticky note to cover one side of the watercolor paper. Sponge an ocean using Dapper Denim. Sponge the horizon a bit darker with Night of Navy.
- Cut three sticky notes into freeform cloud shapes. Place one near the horizon and use a sponge with Marina Mist to "push" a bit of color, starting the note, onto the paper. Repeat with the other two cloud masks, moving up a bit each time.
- Stamp boat and sails, and cut them out. Sponge edges for depth.
- Stamp greeting on Whisper White and cut banner ends. Cut Real Red 1/8" larger than greeting banner and cut banner ends. Fasten together.
- Cut Dapper Denim using swirls from Swirly Scribbles die. Adhere to ocean using Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Trim ends even with watercolor paper.
- Adhere ocean/clouds to Night of Navy mat, and both pieces to card base over DSP.
- Draw a mast approx. 1" from right side and stamp flag at top. Fasten sails on either side of mast with Stampin' Dimensionals (cut down to fit). Place boat under sails on dimensionals.
- Place banner as shown using SNAIL or glue. Add stars from In Color Enamel Shapes.