Here's another one of my favorite bundles from the new catalog, the Best Birds stamp set with the Birds and Blooms Thinlits dies. Such a cute, quick, and easy card to make when you have the right tools, and bundled together you save 10%!
We are greatly enjoying the wide variety of birds here in East Tennessee, so I knew I had to get that bundle as soon as I saw it. And no, there were no punches used on that card....but there were on the color chart below!
I made ten of these charts yesterday to send to new customers, and it took five hundred punches of the Petite Curly Label punch to make them. My thumb and wrist sure felt in last night, let me tell ya, but it was worth it! Why did I do it? Because I like to include the color chart when sending out catalogs. It's so nice to see the true colors of the cardstock, and I like to spoil my customers a little bit, because I really appreciate them!
Would you like the new Stampin' Up! annual catalog with a custom-made-by-yours-truly color chart? If you are a new customer and don't already have a demo that you're working with, just place a minimum $25 order with me (tax and shipping excluded), and I'll send one out right away! Included will be an Inky High J-INKS Rewards sheet. You can earn a free stamp set (up to $25 value) when the sheet is full! Details are on the rewards sheet.
Now back to
Here's the "How To"
Circle behind bird: Pool Party cut with third largest Layering Circles die (2-3/8" diameter)
Bird: Marina Mist 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Branch: Pear Pizzazz 2" x 5"
Greeting: Scrap of Whisper White
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Emboss front of card base with Sparkle embossing folder.
- Stamp grid in Pool Party ink on circle and attach to left of center on card base.
- Stamp bird in Basic Black Archival ink on Marina Mist cardstock and cut out with bird die.
- Stamp branch on Pear Pizzazz cardstock and cut out with branch die. Color wood with Soft Suede marker.
- Glue branch over circle with Multipurpose Glue.
- Place Stampin Dimensionals on bird's head and back and remove liners. Place a little glue on bird's feet and adhere to branch.
- Stamp whatever greeting you want, punch out, and adhere to card with dimensionals. (I used a greeting from Flourishing Phrases and the now-retired Washi Label Punch.)