Now here is a subject that is near and dear to my heart! Not only are we finally living our dream of living in the country, but I love old trucks (especially old green ones!), and this one just tickles me. We are sooo in need of a farm truck, because hauling stuff in the utility trailer is a pain in the patoot. But I digress.....
This was one of the cards we made in the Second Saturday Stamp Club this weekend. It's quick to watercolor with an Aqua Painter and the beauty of it is, you don't need to be precise! If you miss a spot, that's okay. If you color out of the lines a bit, that's okay too. It adds character!
Here's the "How To"
Image: Watercolor Paper 2-1/2" x 4"
Mat: Emerald Envy 2-3/4" x 4-1/4"
DSP: 2016-2018 In Color DSP Stack Emerald Envy 2-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Mat behind DSP: Soft Suede 3" x 5-1/2"
Whisper White for greeting 1" x 3"
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
- Stamp truck on watercolor paper using Basic Black Archival ink.
- Color as desired using Aqua Painter and ink squished onto lid of ink pad.
- Mat on Emeral Envy mat.
- Tear DSP and Soft Suede in random pattern and adhere to card base with bottom edges even.
- Stamp splatters in upper corners with VersaMark ink.
- Adhere image to card base.
- Cut burlap ribbon 5-1/4" long, and cut banner at right end. adhere to card with glue dots.
- Stamp banner and greeting on Whisper White, and punch with Duet Banner Punch. Fasten to card with dimensionals.