Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is "Christmas Flowers" and what could be more Christmas-y than poinsettias?
I chose a CAS layout so the focus is really on the poinsettia. After heat embossing two blossoms in gold, I water colored one with Merry Merlot and the other in Garden Green. Did you know that poinsettia flowers are really leaves? The actual flowers are the little yellow centers! So it made sense to color the blossom/leaves in green and add it behind the red-colored leaves. 😉
I used Clear Wink of Stella on the Merry Merlot one after die cutting it to add some shimmer and shine. And added some Wonderful Gems for more shimmer and shine!
That's my share for today. Now click the Next button to jump to Libby Fens at Libby Stamps, or the Back button to see what Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner made!
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Poinsettia Petals Bundle
- Whisper White Cardstock and Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
- Merry Merlot, Garden Green, and Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pads plus Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write marker
- VersaMark Ink Pad, Heat Tool, and Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Water Painters and Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Wonderful Gems
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Stampin' Dimensionals