Today's Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is "Favorite Preorder Stamp" and I'll be honest with you, whichever stamp I am using at the time is my current favorite. I can't choose just one! So, since I hadn't played with Jar of Flowers yet, and a friend is having a milestone birthday next week, that became my favorite du jour! This set was near the top of my wish list when I saw the new catalog, so I was happy to see it on the preorder list.
The flowers and jar outline stamps were first stamped in Smoky Slate, then Pool Party ink was applied with a sponge dauber to the jar filler stamp (the reverse side of the jar stamp) to lighten the color a bit. The water was stamped with Pool Party full strength.
THEN the magic happened! I stamped the jar filler again in VersaMark and applied clear embossing powder so the jar is shiny like glass. The flowers were stamped twice more so I could fussy cut to add depth to the bouquet.
Click the Next button to jump to Libby Fens at Libby Stamps, or the Back button to see what Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner made!
Stampin' Up! products used:
- Jar of Flowers photopolymer and Itty Bitty Greetings cling stamp sets
- Whisper White cardstock
- In Good Taste DSP and Forever Gold Specialty DSP
- Smoky Slate Classic, VersaMark, and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads
- Stampin' Blends - Old Olive Combo, Light Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody Combo, Dark Petal Pink, Calypso Coral Combo, and Mint Macaron Combo
- Heat Tool and clear embossing powder
- Stitched Rectangles Dies
- Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting - I'd love to hear from you!