The pre-order goodies from the new annual catalog arrived yesterday, and I got to work playing with the new "toys!" Oh, I am so in love with the new In Colors!
This is one of the hostess stamp sets, called Gift of Love. It's a three-step photopolymer stamp set which makes it easy to line up the stamps as you go through the steps. I was in a hurry and could have done a better job, but I wanted to finish this card and get it in the mail.....and then play with more goodies!
This was also an opportunity for me to try the new Foam Adhesive Strips to make this a shaker card. It was so easy!!! I see a lot of shaker cards in my immediate future. Note to self: Need more "filler" for shaker cards! The foam strips are 1/8" wide by 9" long, and are 1/8" thick. That's about the thickness of two Stampin' Dimensionals stacked.
The new In Color 3/8" Ruched (pronounced roosht) Ribbons are to die for! They're soft and flexible and make the prettiest bows. But they also have enough visual interest from the ruching to be used just as-is!
Here's the "How To"
Embossed panel: Whisper White Thick 4" x 5-1/4"
Card base: Whisper White Thick 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded
Window Sheet 3" x 4"
- Stamp image toward left side of card base. Stamp greeting just to the right of the image.
- Cut oval in 4" x 5-1/4" panel using Big Shot and Oval Framelit.
- Emboss oval die cut panel with Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Adhere window sheet behind oval cut-out.
- Cut 5-1/2" of ribbon and wrap around panel at bottom of oval, fastening ends to the back with glue dots. Make a bow and fasten to front on top of ribbon with a glue dot.
- On back side, add Foam Adhesive Strip around oval, and around edges of panel. Note: cut tiny nips into foam strip to allow for curvature of oval.
- Place a small pile of sequins on top of image, remove backer paper from foam strips and carefully position panel over card base. Gently press down to make sure foam is well adhered to card base, being careful not to crush the embossing!
STAMPS: Gift of Love (available June 1st), Petite Pairs (retiring May 31st)
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White Thick
INK: Basic Black Archival, Smoky Slate, Flirty Flamingo (available June 1st), Wild Wasabi
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Ovals Framelits Dies (retiring May 31st), Perfect Polka Dots folder (ret.), Window Sheets, Foam Adhesive Strips (available June 1st), Glue Dots, Flirty Flamingo 3/8" Ruched Ribbon (available June 1st)